Sunday, June 9, 2013

Talent

I have recently become fond of Lenny Kravitz. I wasn't previously. Liked only a couple of his songs (Lady, Fly Away, and If I Could Fall In Love... never cared for the American Woman cover). But now that I've seen him on screen, I can't stop thinking of it.

I just finished reading the Hunger Games books. Reading them, Cinna was my favorite character. Kravitz plays him in the movie. To a T. Cinna is a minor and a major character simultaneously. A few short scenes, but very meaningful. I'm very glad Kravitz was cast and that he did not disappoint.



Maybe seeing him without his usual sunglasses helped. Being able to see his eyes. It makes a difference.

Reading up on him a bit, I discovered that he learned what he could about the leading lady, Jennifer Lawrence, by talking to his daughter Zoe Kravitz, who was in X-Men: First Class with her. I read this and thought, "wait, who? Oh no way, she wasn't... She was!" She's Angel, the stripper with fairy/insect wings and acidic phlegm. Quite um, quite a looker.


So... kudos, Mr. Kravitz. Thank you for bringing my beloved character to life successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment