Friday, April 12, 2013

A Fine Friday

Tonight begins my weekend off, finally a full weekend. Tonight it's just been me and my child, and he passed out around 8 due to being up since 6am. So... here I am... listening to my Them Crooked Vultures, enjoying a drink, getting some new music.

I heard a couple of songs lately on the radio I liked. One was today, "Bound for the Floor" by Local H, and another from the other day is "Inhaler" by Foals. And during my search for the former's album, I came across a band called Local Natives that I'll give ear to, just for curiosity's sake.

The rhythm of "Bound for the Floor" really reminded me of Lenny Kravitz's "Lady."

Recently found out something that makes my insides all aflutter. Queens of the Stone Age is FINALLY coming out with a new album!! So excited... too excited to express... just... excited... Yay!

Here is an article about it that I found funny in places. Especially Josh Homme & Elton John's convo. Never would have expected them to collaborate, but I'm definitely looking forward to the result. Come onnn, June 4th.

Ah, new Flaming Lips album as well. Acquired but not yet experienced.

By the way, my previous post, with all the Whose Line goodies, was the first blog entry with my new, unbroken laptop screen. (I thought I marked the special occasion/return to normalcy quite well.) Now I'm just completely paranoid that any slight bump or nudge will break it again.

A month from now (less, actually) will be my much anticipated Mothers Day trip. T'will be t'werrific.

PS... I told you I'd prevail, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment