Friday, May 19, 2017

Slave to the Sound

Another extremely talented musician is no longer with us. Chris Cornell. Throughout my years of listening to music, his voice was one I could identify easily. Maybe not which era or band he was fronting, but I knew it was him. While he wasn't in my top favorites, I knew he was tremendously talented and considered a rock god by people who follow the grunge and/or rock genre.

Now, while I say he wasn't in my top picks, there are still songs that I absolutely love and will always blare when I play. Those are:



1) Like A Stone by Audioslave. The first song of his that I fell in love with.
2) Be Yourself by Audioslave. Such a great mellow rhythm. 
3) Say Hello 2 Heaven by Temple of the Dog. His one-album project created as a tribute to a friend.
4) The Day I Tried To Live by Soundgarden. Shows his amazing vocal range.
5) I Am The Highway by Audioslave. My sister can attest, I played this song on repeat for a good length of time. Probably my favorite of his. I won't share a video because it's best experienced without any visual additions. To this day, I stop what I'm doing and close my eyes when this song comes on. Now there''ll be a pang of sadness mixed in.

As you can probably tell, these songs are the more mellow side of Chris Cornell. And apparently, I was more attached to Audioslave than I was Soundgarden.

Definitely a tremendous loss. Hugely unexpected.

One more to follow up this tribute post. Seems a bit fitting, perhaps. Another favorite Audioslave song, and a fantastic music video. Mashing up the band's car chase with the movie Vanishing Point.


Goodbye Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment