Saturday, May 28, 2016

Closes

Today was my last day of work. Yesterday was the kids' final school day, today was an in-service day, and once I left the school at 3:30, I was no longer employed by the public school district. Turned in my I.D. and key as I walked out. Luckily to the secretary, with whom I've had a good relationship with, as opposed to the principal. It's been a bittersweet couple of days. Saying goodbye to the kids the first day, and then my coworkers the second.

Tonight I watched Dangerous Liaisons. If you've seen Cruel Intentions, you'll follow it pretty well. Cruel Intentions was a modern take on the former movie, and both are an adaptation of a novel. Dangerous Liaisons, released in 1988, has John Malkovich, Glenn Close, Uma Thurman, and Michelle Pfeiffer in it. Also Swoosie Kurtz, who is in the remake, and... sigh... Keanu Reeves. This is the second movie I've seen him in where he's in a role that doesn't fit him. The first was Dracula, with Gary Oldman. I don't agree with Keanu being in historical-type movies. He's a modern-day guy. Maybe I'm missing something that the people in show biz see. I dunno.

(Those two paragraphs were from two nights ago. The following is from the now.)

Today I watched another Glenn Close movie. Albert Nobbs was made in 2011 and it features Close in 19th Century Ireland, posing as a man just to hold employment. I enjoyed it. Close played a big part in getting the story on film, as well. In addition to playing the titular character, she's also credited as a screenwriter and a producer.

My garden is fairing well. Bit worried about some of my tomato plants. Couple of them have been growing every which-way, it seems. I'm afraid to straighten them to attach them to a stake, and that's a ligit fear, because today while attempting that very thing, I broke off a rather large branch of a plant. Frustrating. This branch had buds on it, too! Erg.

No comments:

Post a Comment