Monday, May 25, 2015

About Novels, Music, Movies, and Summer

School's almost out. Kindergarten ends in 2 days for my child. Then about three months of... a lot of mother-son time. I need to come up with some stuff for us to do. Some projects. Cheap projects.

Listening to the Kill Bill Vol 1 soundtrack right now. I guess I don't have the Vol 2 music, which is unfortunate. "About Her" by Malcolm McLaren is a favorite. And it's on Vol 2. Though O-Ren Ishii's music on 1 is really good. "The Grand Duel" is kinda haunting but excellent. "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" is partially played during her and the Bride's swordfight. Good beat.

Went with a friend and watched Age of Ultron for the second time yesterday. Well worth it. This time around, I recognized & appreciated Linda Cardellini instead of not realizing it was her til seeing her name in the end credits. (Can't believe I missed that.) This actress played the spunky Nurse Taggart for a few seasons of ER, and also was Velma in the live action Scooby-Doo movies. Always thought her and Ellen Page (Juno) could be sisters.
However, I failed to remember that Danny Elfman - whom I love - did the music for the movie. Had I remembered, I would've opened my ears more. Also, he didn't score the first Avengers film, so seeing him credited in Age of Ultron wasn't expected.

Finished the Wayward Pines novel trilogy today. Kept me interested, for sure. Also watched the first two episodes of the television adaptation. So far, keeping pretty close to the books. Hafta see how it goes. Really hope it's a miniseries, not a show with multiple seasons. That'd be best, for this trilogy. That's what they should've done with Under The Dome. But nooo...

Mmmmm there it is.
"My man's.... Got a heart... Like a rock, cast, in, the sea."
Love this song. Love the flow.

WOW... I just realized this is the Malcolm McLaren that managed the Sex Pistols! Big time fan of them. And second wow factor... This song samples an exerpt from a song by The Zombies. I knew those vocals sounded familiar.

Mmk, night.

No comments:

Post a Comment